CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The new pile

I had seen this car 5 years before and tried to buy it, but the owner would not sell. One day, while browsing cragslist, I found it. I decided to go look at it. They wanted $1500.....no way. I knew the owner, and we settled on $750. The car had a rebuilt tittle, which was good for me. I hate cutting up rare classics. They only made 6,622 of these cars from 1976 -1980. So, with that , I sold the rims for $100, and the front end for $200. I scrapped out the blue car. The total was $450 after I sold parts off the car. I could live with that.

I saw the pictures above a few years ago and thought "that would be a sweet drag car."

The interior of my new pile was tan. It was not in very good condition. However, that's going to change. I tore the interior and almost all the wiring out in the car.

I plan on doing a very good wire job. I have been hunting Ebay for sometime for some nice half price or lower buys.

Very nice products. I did not want to cheap out on the wire at all. That's why I got the good stuff.

This is where the front clip ended up from the blue car. The front of the car did not have a good repair job, but I fixed that as you can see.

I had changed the front crossmember for the second round, added some support, and 1/2 more clearance on the oil pan.

Volvo fire walls have bolt in panels on both sides. I cut the whole side out and rewelded a fabbed part I made. The tunnel area is a lot bigger than the stock area. This will make it easier for access if I have to drop the trans ever.

0 comments: