CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

MOTOR is IN!

Well here we go on another installment, I figured I would give myself a B-day present and put the motor in.

At last got the pump in and the mods done and put the deep sump pan on, Looks sweet!
Before mating the trans and motor together I put the 3500 stall converter in, and filled it with 3 quarts of trans fluid before installing.
Slowly dropping it in. It seems like I made a ton of room in the tunnel for the bell housing. I now will be able to reach up and take the trans bolts out by hand easier than the 4ft of extenders on a 3/8 drive. The main goal was to have easy access to trans and motor area with out tearing the whole thing apart.
I think it took about 15min to Jockey it in. It has been a while but only few concerns but will take care of that later.
That pan is hanging pretty low. its bit lower than my cross member so might have to make some adjustments to make it fit little closer to the tunnel.

It seams its about 2 inches lower than the front cross member not too bad, worth the extra 2 quarts for sure and the finished product is sweet!
I think things are going to move a bit faster now. going to work on the power steering pump lines and trans cross member. I don't know if I will do a tube one or not depending on how much room I have. Will post with in the next week I hope with updates.

0 comments: