CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Well getting the tranny ready for the pump tube

So I got it on a stand. It was not easy to do as I did it by myself with a jack. :)


My friend lent me his motor stand. This is the only way to work on a trans. Its up off the floor and you can keep it bit cleaner when you tear into it. I am little bit chicken when it comes to this so it going to wait.

From what I am gathering on the instructions you pull this pump cover off and then you have to drill 2 holes in the front pump. I have read few other people have used JB weld to make sure it does not leak.
The fitting on the top right is supose to restrict the return line going out of the trans. I am not sure I want to put that on though. Its recommended by PTE to run the vigilante 5 disk lock up converter.
All this work just to be able to lock this think up at WOT. It should be good for 2 tenths in the 1/4 though.

0 comments: